RICHARD L. BUCKNER
2261 Market Street# 159, San Francisco, CA 94114 • 415-625-3267 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Technology – Software Development – Strategic Planning
Creative, collaborative, results-driven knowledge leader with executive and hands-on experience. Change agent and problem solver with a passion for collaboration; skilled in grasping the big picture, conceptualizing, developing, and implementing solutions. Partners closely with practice leaders and executives to provide strategic direction. Strong leadership, problem-solving, planning, team-building, and project management skills. Recruits, develops, motivates, and retains diverse staff, structuring them in teams that deliver results and savings.
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, San Francisco, CA Aug. 2001–Dec. 2013
Director of Business Systems
Responsible for all aspects of time and billing, accounting, HRIS and related systems, including the integrity of financial information, architecture, integration, security, development, customization, reporting, training, operational policies, performance benchmarks, and socialization. Systems in production 24 hours a day. Manage and deliver multiple large scale projects on time and within budget.
- Identified opportunity and created enterprise reporting system, consolidating and automating reporting for all business units, practices, geographies.
- Implemented and integrated new Firmwide HRIS, Profitability, Business Intelligence software platforms.Negotiated contract terms.
- Established 11 of the Firm’s 13 offices in Europe and Asia.Responsible for local implementation, operational policies, training, compliance; global integration.
- Identified opportunities for and created market- and role-specific key performance indicators, actionable reporting, and personal incentives by collaborating with practices and business units.Increased profit per equity partner 52% in four years.
- Established rapport and credibility with department heads.
- Hired and managed diverse staff and organized them in to teams.
- Effectively introduced new technologies and increased productivity through applications development and deployment: TimeBuilder, TimeKM, Redwood, P-Ship, workflow automation
- Managed global relationships with key vendors, consultants.
- Consultant on technology to senior management team.
Accounting Solutions,San Francisco, CA Sept. 1995–Aug. 2001
Senior Business Systems Consultant
- Developed and implemented a strategy and automated mechanism for consolidation of billing data in electronic format; automated electronic allocation to cost centers; saved $300,000 annually.
- Established proper accounting treatment for complex, multimillion-dollar contractual credits.
Wells Fargo Bank
- Systematically reconciled charts of accounts and merged First Interstate and Wells Fargo General Ledgers at 13 levels of consolidation.
- Created interactive absence-tracking mechanism, replacing corporate and departmental calculations, paper forms, and staff procedures; eliminated all secondary data entry manual reporting.
- Created interactive financial results reporting mechanism; automated and consolidated several thousand pages of manual reporting from directors of business lines.
Bank of America
- Created comprehensive package for investment portfolio management reporting, reducing time spent on this activity from 80 hours per month to 30 minutes per month.
- Automated entire real estate portfolio management in Pacific Northwest.Invited to implement nationwide.
BARING SECURITIES INC,New York, NY Oct. 1993--Sept. 1995
- Created interactive mechanism for more efficient input, analysis, reporting of daily financials to NY and London.
- Designed and implemented automated upload of monthly revenue data from proprietary US system to proprietary UK system
- Initiated and prioritized audit control mechanisms and procedures to identify and prevent potential fraud
- Automated revenue reporting; developed multi-currency market reports; formulated and mapped new General Ledger account structure; designed tools for better analysis of GL data.
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING & COMPUTER SYS, INTL. New York, NY Feb 1993--Oct 1993
Researched and recovered $5 million in escheated stock dividend, bond interest, and other payments on a company-commission basis by
- Heading task force on the recovery of funds escheated as a result of bank-related transactions.
- Creating database to organize and manipulate large volumes of information.
- Designing unit cost analysis mechanism to prioritize effort, maximize commission.
The Chase Manhattan Bank, N.A.Brooklyn, NY Aug. 1989--Feb 1993
- Oversaw the clearing and processing of domestic monetary transactions.
- Monitored and reported check clearance and availability at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Supervised the processing of 500-1000 transactions with average daily balances of $700 million in correspondent banks and $500 million at the FRB.
- Managed the evaluation, negotiation, implementation, and maintenance of transportation and clearance of domestic financial instruments at 72 correspondent banks and at FRB Branches nationwide.
- Generated volume statistics and allocated domestic check clearing costs to Chase markets worldwide and to domestic institutional and corporate customer billing.
- Represented Chase on the Transportation Committee, New York Clearinghouse. Designed and performed user acceptance testing for all major systems in Check Processing during corporate relocation
International Customer Correspondence Services
- Prepared production analyses, efficiency studies, trend analyses, volume forecasts, unit cost analyses for international money transfer activity and products world-wide.
- Analysis of, responsibility for $9 million budget, strategic planning, major purchases.
- Coordinated, advised as to salary planning, promotions, disciplinary actions, evaluation of potential and efficiency for a staff of 300 in New York, Hong Kong, and Singapore through the level of vice-president.
Princeton University, Princeton, NJ. A.B., 1989
Gonville and Caius College, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England.1986.